Having a quality roof is essential for your home or business. With concerns over fires in the recent years, we have seen a trend of people asking more questions about metal roofing. Here are some things that we find make metal roofing into a valuable investment for your home or business:
- Metal roofs are fire-resistant
- Metal roofs are durable and can handle all weather from extreme heat to freezing cold
- Metal roofs can last upwards of 50 years
- Metal roofs come in multiple styles and color choices
- Metal roofs may increase the value of your property
- Metal roofs are environmentally friendly as most use 30-60% recycled materials to create. The roof itself can also be recycled in the future
- Metal roofs can save on energy costs if you choose cool metal roofing designed to reduce heat buildup and reflect the sun
Overlaying a Metal Roof
Here’s the great thing about metal roofs, you can have an overlay of metal on your existing roof in most circumstances. Most homes will allow for one layer of roofing to be placed over a first layer of roofing. We will need to do an inspection of your roof to determine if it is eligible for this option. We do provide FREE roof inspections to make this process easy and quick.
Types of Metal Roofing
Metal roofing comes in several different colors, sizes, and types. Here are just a few of the options we provide:
- Metal Slate/Shingles
- Metal Tile
- Metal Shake
- Vertical Panels
Steel, aluminum and copper are the most common options for metal roofing. We do have multiple colors to choose from as well, to ensure it will be able to fit within the color schemes of your home and to match your neighborhood.
With the right maintenance, a metal roof is far easier to deal with than shingles and other roofing types. We recommend metal roofs because they can resist insects, rust, and rot. Plus, the new stylish options can really improve the look of your home! If you’d like to learn more about metal roofing options, give Kanga Roof a call today!